Last few weeks have been crazy … a lot was going on right after eid. However on the blogging front it was like opening Narnia door ( or was it just a curtain?). I participated in an ice cream cupcake competition in August with All of me loves all of this and got a participation gift!! All the way from USA. It was so very exciting as I never thought someone would actually send something across the oceans to a participant but I have been proven wrong before. That same week I got nominations for two awards and this is one of those awards. I am very thankful to Claire for this sweet gesture. She is creative blogger at paintbox mum and is full of fun and practical ideas for your family’s quality time together. Do visit her blog please.
The Infinity Dreams Award Rules –
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back.
- Post the award badge and rules.
- Tell 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the question that were set for you to answer.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and set questions for them.
Rule 1 and 2 check and check and now # 3
11 facts about me :-
- I am a Muslim who isn’t perfect.
- My parents gave me a great childhood and I can never thank them enough.
- I have an older brother and a younger brother. They are the daring ones who tasted and ate all my kitchen experiments with a smile.
- I am married to a doctor in the armed forces and have 5 kids; 2 boys, 2 girls and another boy.
- My name is Farheen, means happiness in Arabic, and my nick Heenie was only a family thing. Imran, my hubby, calls me Heen.
- I got engaged at 19 and married at 20. Just like other 95% marriages in Pakistan it was an arranged marriage. Believe it or not… the system still works! I have been married for almost 21 years now Alhamdulillah and Yes, I am 41.
- While growing up I always pictured myself as a working person … never thought I would be a stay-at-home mom but honestly I have no regrets.
- I enjoy planning and organizing. You can say I love planning a menu or other details of a party than the party itself.. A hint of Monica!
- I have very few close friends.
- Army/ Air Force life isn’t easy. It’s not a job.. it’s a lifestyle… it is tough. It made me at least 1/4 of a commando. But it is extremely cool to see a handsome guy in uniform every day 🙂
- I believe in the power of prayers.
Questions I was Asked;
1- Why did you start blogging?
My son used to take pictures of food to share with family and friends. I used to joke that he would be my food photographer when I start a blog and eventually the idea started to sound tempting and here I am!
2- Your favourite thing about blogging?
Connecting with such amazing people/ bloggers.
3- Could you share a blogging tip?
Be yourself, share what you love and have fun.
4- What is your favourite film?
I love over the top action movies. When Neo goes to rescue Morpheus, sword fight in Kill Bill vol 1, V saying “Finished? My turn!” in V for Vendetta, Iron man and Hulk fight in Avengers,age of Ultron; I can watch such scenes over and over again.
5- Fruits or vegetables?
6- Walk or drive?
Depends on who is walking with me and who is driving!
7- Biggest dream?
Going on a “paid” world tour.
8- Where do you go to have some me time?
9- Biggest achievement to date?
My kids… I am so proud of them.
Where do you like to holiday?
Northern areas of Pakistan.
And some other nominations…
It’s good to be crazy sometimes has nominated me for my second Liebster Award and
Eat 2 health blog for Real Neat Blog. Thank you very much you guys.