“…the Liebster Award is an award that is by bloggers, for bloggers. It’s passed from person to person to encourage connection and support within our writing community, and to aid in the discovery of new and upcoming bloggers.”
Last week I got this lovely surprise from glutenfreegeogirl who nominated my blog for this. As the name suggests, she is has gf lifestyle and it is reflected with a fresh and positive perspective in her blog. I am really thankful and appreciate her gesture. It is exciting for me as my blog is only 4 months old and I am still learning the ropes.
This is how it works…
- Thank the blogger who nominated you with a link back to his/her blog.
- Answer the questions asked by the nominator.
- Nominate 5 – 11 bloggers with fewer than 500 followers.
- List 11 facts about you.
- Create 11 questions for the nominees.
The questions she asked me;
1. What is my favorite thing to cook/bake? Cupcakes/muffins.
2. If I could only eat one thing for the rest of my life what would it be? Mmmm I’ll go with egg.
3. What made me start blogging?
A random statement! My son, Mujtaba, used to take pictures of my food to share with friends and family and I used to say, ” When I start a blog, you’ll be my photographer”.
4. The inspiration behind blog title?
I wanted something personal. My husband floated the idea of naming the blog “heenieblogsfood” and it clicked instantly.
5. Favorite song to sing along to in the car/shower?
Could be anything; theme songs of TV shows, movies or cartoons.
6. The last person that made me laugh?
Luckily everyone in my family is a comedian…. It’s like a real life sitcom.
7. Travel destination?
8. Pick the first item around me… What is it?
9. What animal would I keep as a pet? Name?
I would never keep a pet! It is already tough raising kids I don’t want another responsibility. 10. Favourite colour?
11. What sport or activity I would like as a profession?
My list of nominees:
And now 11 facts about me;
- I can’t express my feelings well.
- I wanted to be a therapeutic dietitian.
- If I could I would cook something different every single day!
- Change scares me. I can only step out of my comfort zone when I cook/bake.
- I am a good listener and can keep secrets.
- I love watching animated movies with my kids. We repeat funny dialogues and situations; in short we don’t “let it go” easily.
- Reading isn’t my thing.
- Forgive:- may be ; Forget :- never
- I like doing things in a certain way. It is frustrating when people don’t get it!
- I appreciate good humor, like Jon Stewart or Jon Oliver, definitely not “Two and a Half Men” type.
- Once I realized I don’t have to please anyone, my life became easier.
Phew! This is the longest I have ever taken to write a post. Here is my set of questions;
- What do you wish to achieve with your blog?
- What inspired you to start a blog?
- Your biggest fear?
- Your biggest strength?
- First thing you do in the morning?
- Activity you can not live without?
- You don’t like the food you have been served. What would you do?
- Your idea of fun?
- Favorite TV show?
- Best advice you ever got?
- Favorite cell phone app?